- 2 tbsp AOI Matcha Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
1. Preheat your oven to approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Using a medium-sized bowl, cream together the sugar, butter, and the shortening.
3. Next, stir in the egg and the vanilla extract. Be sure to mix thoroughly.
4. Combine and mix the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Stir this mixture into the liquid bowl until dough starts to form.
6. Once dough has completely formed, remove from mixing bowl and roll out onto a flat surface about 1/4-inch thick.
7. Use any desired cookie cutter to make cookie shapes. When you run out of room, re-roll the scrap dough and repeat until all the dough has been used.
8. Bake cookies about 10 to 12 minutes or until the bottom is light brown. Remove the cookies and place them on separate plate in order to cool.
9. Enjoy your fresh Matcha Sugar Cookies!