-Large Paper Bag
-1 Cup unpopper Popcorn Kernels
-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
-1 teaspoon of salt
-1-2 teaspoons AOI Matcha Powder
Directions: (Always exercise caution when cooking with oil. Failure to follow safety precautions will result in burn injuries:)
- Combine both the AOI Matcha Powder into a salt shaker and place aside until later.
- Heat a large pot with a lid over medium-high heat. Then, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into the pot.
- Add a few kernels (10 at the most) into the pot of oil (CAUTION: DO NOT TOUCH THE OIL OR POT FOR THEY WILL BOTH BE VERY HOT), cover pot and wait until you hear the kernels beginning to pop. Once kernels have popped, quickly remove lid and pour in the rest of the kernels and recover pot with lid.
- Gently shake the pot back and forth until the kernels begin to pop. Shake pot a bit faster and open lid slightly every so often so the steam is able to escape. Popcorn will be finished when you no longer hear popping kernels. Remove pot from heat. Oil will still be hot.
- Transfer popcorn into a large paper bag. Shake about 1/4 teaspoon of the matcha/salt mix into the bag, close and shake. Repeat by adding more mixture until desired taste.