Matcha Scones Recipe
- 9 oz Cake flour
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/5 cup milk
- 1 egg, separated into yolk and white
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Matcha
- 2/1/2 oz butter
- Strawberry jam and fresh whipped cream to taste
- The recipe calls to sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, Matcha, and sugar, then combine small pieces of butter into the mixture with your fingertips until it becomes dry and flaky.
- Next, add the milk and egg yolk and pour the batter into the flour a little at a time.
- Mix and knead into moist dough, but not so moist that it become sticky.
- Preheat the oven to 360F.
- Place the dough on a floured board and knead slightly until smooth. Roll out to a thickness to 1 inch and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass.
- Brush the tops with egg white, place the scones on a baking sheet, and bake in a 375-degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Serve the scones warm, cut in half with jam and fresh cream.
These scrumptious scones make a healthy breakfast treat, laced with all the health benefits of matcha green tea.