It's a delicious dessert to serve during the summer, and is one of our personal favorites!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 4 tsp AOI Premium Matcha
- 1 tsp Matcha
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (dark or milk chocolate)
- Cupcake pan wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the butter in a bowl.
- Blend the sugar and eggs in a mixer on low to medium speed until pale in color. (You can hand mix with a whisk, just make sure to beat it vigorously until the egg-butter mixture is a pale color).
- Add the flour to the egg mixture and blend with a whisk until mixture is uniform.
- Separate the batter into two bowls.
- Add in the baking powder and the salt. Stir this mixture.
- Add the matcha and half of the chocolate chips into the mixture. Stir this mixture.
- Take scoops of the mixture and place it into the cupcake wrappers and add the wrappers to the cupcake baking pan.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry when inserted in the middle of one of the cupcakes.
- Remove the cupcake baking pan from the oven and let cool before adding the frosting.
For the frosting you can use any type that you would like. Plain white store bought frosting will work perfectly. If you want to accent the frosting with matcha, app