- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons AOI Premium matcha
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, egg, AOI Premium matcha and salt.
- Cream together the butter and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Sift in the ingredients gradually, adding a little bit more each time until the well-blended together.
- Add in the diced almonds a 1/4 cup at a time and stir.
- Once the dough is consistent, remove and place on a 18 inch long plastic wrap.
- Roll the dough into a 2 inch diameter log even throughout, wrap the log with the plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place the frozen dough onto a baking sheet and use a sharp knife and cut the dough.
- 1/4 inch thick each to make sure each cookie bakes thoroughly.
- Arrange the cut cookie dough on the baking pan.
- Bake them for 15 minutes.
Remove the cookies to wire rack to cool completely before storing in air tight containers and enjoy!